When is it time for an evaluation?
- Orthodontists can spot subtle problems with jaw growth and emerging teeth while some baby teeth are still present.
- While your child's teeth may appear to be straight, there could be a problem that only an orthodontist can detect.
Problems to Watch for in Growing Children
Malocclusions ("bad bites") like those illustrated below, may benefit from early diagnosis and referral to an orthodontic specialist for a full evaluation.
view their profiles
Please download the following orthodontic emergencies and their treatments list (PDF listed from least to most severe). Only the most severe emergencies may require immediate attention by an orthodontist. The majority of these are easily treated with a follow-up by the patient's orthodontist. The PDF Pictured guide here will help you to determine if you have an emergency.more info
It is normal for your braces to cause some discomfort during the first few days after placement and for a few days after an adjustment. To increase your comfort it is helpful to do the following:
- Eat only soft foods for the first few days.
- Place wax over any part of the braces that is causing irritation.
Use warm saltwater rinse after
Good oral hygiene is important while wearing braces. The braces themselves do not harm the teeth; however, much greater care must be exercised in flossing and brushing the teeth and gum tissues.
Foods to Avoid
- Raw Carrots
- Pizza Crust
more orthodontic care
- Hard Breads
- Hard Candy
- Free Evaluations
- Flexible Hours
- Payment Plans
- Multiple Brace Selections including Invisalign
- Follow-up Care & Maintenance
No Insurance? No Problem...
We strive to be a positive influence on the communities in which we service. That is why we are happy to annouce our
LWSS DENTAL CARE PLAN.
learn how to save 15% off
Please feel free to download and print out the following forms to bring with you before your appointment.